New and improved features in Music Publisher 7
Please remember that when you upgrade to Music Publisher 7 then you are buying into all the future MP7 releases. There will be a link continually available where you can download the latest for free, whether it's new features added or a simple bug fix!
Here are the new features added since Music Publisher 6:
Music Publisher 7 now plays the following automatically:
The following playback features added
- Dynamic markings ie ppp,pp, etc to fff and hairpins of both types.
- Slurs are observed as undetached notes. There is a "legato" attribute for notes to do the same.
- Trills, turns and ornaments of all types are played correctly.
- Fermata observed.
- Arpeggiando marks observed.
- Chord placed as chord names (you can choose the style and instrumentation of playback)
- "Swung" and "Hornpipe" duplets, ie rhythms for jazz and folk music players.
- Playback from the current bar (measure).
- "Play again" feature to playback as last time. Invaluable for composing and trying out different ideas.
- Optional audio feedback as notes are placed.
- 61 unpitched percussion instruments and noises (eg Hand claps) placed on separate percussion staves or as (eg) x-headed notes placed on standard staves.
- Systems can be constructed with percussion staves from 1 to 5 lines deep
- Percussion Maps can be stored for future use: 2 standard maps provided.
Tabular notation can be created automatically for fretted instruments
- Up to 12 strings
- With or without rhythm notation.
- Library of 12 standard instruments provided, and the ability to create your own tunings.
- Many improvements and conveniences such as automatic alignment and other better neaten
- Accidentals are now attached to notes and automatically arranged in complex chords
Links to MS Word
- One-click creation of a Word document identical to the Music Publisher printout.
- Most symbols available in a range of nine different sizes.
- Can be entered without entering a note first.
- Optional Quarter Tones (including playback).
- Modern style piano pedalling lines can be created easily: Ped___/\___/\___|
- Ability to change the fonts for page numbers and TAB stave fingerings
- Fast entry of "foreign" accents (eg â,é,ç,ñ etc) on UK/US keyboards for writing non-English lyrics.
- Faster tidying of staves: lyrics and notes move together when dragging.
- Fast instrumental choice for a stave: sets name, sound, transposition: all from a range of nearly 100 instruments.